Friday, November 25, 2011

À l'aéroport

Arrived in Brisbane Airport international transfer area -I think it's the silentest place on earth! This massive long white corridor with a handful of dead shops, and every so often you pass a traveler who looks completely lost and/or asleep, wandering along one of the moving walkways. I'm losing track of the number of times I've had to change my watch. On the massive departures board the first flight out is to Wellington (if I run I might just make it!) It's so weird being in another country all alone..

Dubai airport: there is so much luxury -the airport is full of waterfalls and gold! and the shops (place your orders for giant crispy M&Ms below) Found an Aussie guy leaning against one of these pot plants filching the Maccas wireless and decided to do the same -it seems crazy that I can be online when I'm by myself in a different timezone! I'm in the departure lounge now (found out the whole airport has free wireless -DOOF!). Only problem.. I'm finding it hard to type because the internet is in Arabic, backwards goes which...
This is Daniel, my new man who I met on the flight from Brisbane to Dubai. Him and his Mum were going home to Iran for Christmas. Don't be jealous, ladies... 

No comments:

Post a Comment