Sunday, November 27, 2011

En Angleterre

My sister and her eldest son Noah (this is him in the photo -isn't he a cutie?) made me a lovely sign for when I arrived at their cute English house in the village of Knowle, in Birmingham. Mieke lives close by the most adorable little village. The village is a perfect little community with one of every shop, like an old fashioned sweet shop I visited -they even had RJ's licorice from Levin! And food in England is so cheap -much more so than NZ, even with the conversion. Miekes very kindly kitted me out for the European Winter (see coat above), and we went shopping for stockings and gloves -lots of fun looking at all the English fashions, which are a whole season ahead of ours!

3 comments:

  1. Harriet! He is soo cute! It looks like you are having a great time already! >.< Miss you though! Are you going to eat frogs legs!!! I would love to see a picture! :o haha, Let your inner French out!
    Cait xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to seeing him!

    ReplyDelete